With the sun eventually making a prolonged appearance (it's almost non-existent in North East England) I think it's about time I shared one of my fashion must haves - sunglasses. Not only are they essential in the summer, but they're perfect all year round. The winter sun glaring down on the bright white snow can be blinding! My opinion on sunglasses is that you should have one pair that sees you through all trends, such as the Wayfarer or Clubmaster which you splurge on (Ray-Ban), and then each year you can follow the trend by buying another pair from somewhere such as Topshop where they aren't too expensive. So here are some of my favourite styles and where you can find them!
1. Festival Brow Sunglasses, Topshop. This classic clubmaster style is both fashionable but not too 'in your face'. You can find this style almost anywhere, from George @ ASDA (in store), to Ray-Ban.
Alternative items: Aztec Clubmaster Sunglasses, Topshop // Mono Stripe Brow Sunglasses, Topshop // Festival Brow Detail Sunglasses, Topshop // Leopard Printed Brow Sunglasses, Topshop // Snake Print Brow Sunglasses, Topshop // Pearlised Brow Flat Top Sunglasses, Topshop // Etched Arm Plastic Frame Sunglasses, UO // Vintage Surplus Crystal Soho Sunglasses, UO
2. Cat Eye Sunglasses With Multi Frame, ASOS. Cat eye sunglasses aren't new by any means but they seem to be this seasons must have shades in terms of trends. Celebrities such as Kate Moss, Florence Welch (Florence & the Machine) and Jessica Alba have been seen wearing this style recently, and retailers have been going super OTT in terms of making these shades really stand out, with bright colours and added metallic embellishments. Definitely THE statement sunnies.
Alternative items: Ridge Cat Eye Sunglasses, ASOS // Cat Eye Sunglasses with Bug & Flower Detail, ASOS // Cheap Monday Feline Cat Eye Sunglasses, ASOS // Metal Arm Cats Eyes Sunglasses, Topshop (I LOVE THESE ONES!) // Sapphire Jewelled Sunglasses, Topshop // Cat Eye Tonal Sunglasses, Stella Mccartney
3. Hearts Sunglasses, Chicwish. Think Lana Del Rey, Lindsay Lohan and Lolita, these girly sunglasses are a throwback to the sixties, the decade of love! Perfect for the hight of summer, heart shaped sunglasses are fabulous.
Alternative items: Polka Dot Heart Sunglasses, Topshop // Heart Shaped Sunglasses, ASOS // Tula Heart Sunglasses, boohoo.com // Angel Hearts Sunglasses, M&S // Vintage Surplus Lolita Heart Sunglasses, UO
4. Wayfarer, Ray-Ban. These are another classic style made popular by Ray-Ban and the list of celebrities seen wearing them over the years is endless. Wayfarers had their heyday in the 50's and 60's, but were made popular again in the 80's after a product placement agreement with many famous TV shows and movies in America (The Breakfast Club anyone?), and now in the 2000's they're making a huge comeback with the likes of Lindsay Lohan, Kate Moss, Jude Law (they're definitely not just for girls), Beyoncé, Brad Pitt, Sienna Miller and Kirsten Dunst (just to name a few) wearing them.
Alternative items: Triwa Ernest Tortoiseshell Sunglasses, UO // Burgundy Metal Arm Sunglasses, UO // Grey Glitter Think Frame Sunglasses, UO // Jungle Frame Surfrider Sunglasses, UO // Mink Pink Tough Luck Sunglasses, UO // Print Flat Top Sunglasses, Topshop // Snake Arm Flat Top Sunglasses, Topshop // Warehouse 50's Style Sunglasses, ASOS // Marc by Marc Jacobs Brown and Cream D Shaped Sunglasses, ASOS // Jeepers Peepers Winston Tortoise Shell Waferer Sunglasses, ASOS // Dolce and Gabanna Matt Silk Pink Glitter Sunglasses, ASOS
5. Retro Lens Aviator, Topshop. Aviators are again another classic associated with Ray-Ban, but don't assume you have to pay top price for these glasses. Almost every high street store will have these shades, so check them out.
Alternative items: Aviator Titanium, Ray-Ban // Chain Trim Aviator Sunglasses, Topshop // Metal Aviator Sunglasses, Topshop
6. Extreme Bug Sunglasses, Topshop. Round sunglasses are extremely popular this year, so why not channel your inner John Lennon and try them out! Go big or go small, it's up to you.